Sunday, October 4, 2015

Oktoberfest- JW Cafe at JW Sahar

 The number of restaurants/cafes/hotels blooming in the busy city of Mumbai is directly proportional to the number of food festivals each of them organize in their venues.

Personally, food festivals are the best way to explore a particular country's culture. One such opportunity had come knocking on my door when Mohit, Jahan and Roshan (Team FatToxicBawarchi) invited me over to be their guest and enjoy the Oktoberfest at JW Cafe, JW Sahar, 

Though the meet was scheduled on a bank holiday, I did not have a bank holiday. Coming tired from work, I still decided to go all the way till Andheri as it was the first time I visited this place. I had read so much about JW Cafe's Big Fat Sunday Brunch, their Alaskan Crabs and the city's best waffles that I thought it would be worth it going all the way till there for the Oktoberfest. 

Beautiful, massive property. Amazing lights and counters and varieties of food counters from Indian to Thai to German to Waffle counter, Sushi Counter, Dessert Counter. But missed my pasta counter. Variety of options for vegetarians too. 

Now when I hear about Oktoberfest, I think of  "Beer", "Sausages", "German" and "Bavarian" (Food comes first because I am always thinking of food in my sub conscious mind.) Wikipedia gives me information and knowledge that it is the largest beer festival in the world that takes place in "Theresienwiese" in centre of Munich and begins from last week of September till around mid-October. Also, 3rd October is marked as day of celebration when East and West Germany united as one country.

I was prepared to go and eat platters of sausages and stuff my stomach. Unfortunately, with my working pattern, I cannot eat a lot at night but I tried to do justice with the huge appetite that I have.

To start the evening, a refreshing cool mocktail was served being "Mango Basil Cooler" which was refreshing and sweet. But the Parsi in me wanted beer for the night.

Mango Basil Cooler Mocktail


I tried varieties of sausages, both in pork and chicken. Bratwurst, Weiss Wester, Noremberg are the few names I can remember along with skinless chicken, skinless chilly and cheese sausages. The Sausage Platter served to us was an absolute delight. The sausages were grilled to perfection, very soft and juicy. Its really hard to choose an absolute favourite because all sausages were deliciously amazing. To be honest, I couldn't make out a lot of difference in the taste. My absolute favourite was skinless chilly because boy, that sausage had a good hint of chilly/spiciness in it.

Beer and Sausages, German Style



The chicken schnitzel were also well prepared. Unlike other places where schnitzels are served, they were not hard to break. The chicken was also tender. My absolute favourite was the German Potato Salad and Sausage Salad as well.

Main course

Sushis


I didn't wanted to eat a lot that night. But I did end my meal with a dessert, that being Mumbai's best waffles drizzled in chocolate sauce and Nutella. The only sad part was that there was no vanilla ice cream to accompany with my waffles.The waffles were really warm, not too crisp and not too soft and well prepared and I couldn't have asked for a perfect end to the meal.
Waffles in chocolate sauce with side of Nutella

We ended the evening with lots of laughter and crazy pictures with the selfie stick. I have already saved up half of my money to come visit here with an entirely empty stomach for a heavy Sunday brunch and mainly to try variety of dishes in one plate on one late morning/afternoon.

Price for Brunch: Rs. 2,500/- (inclusive of taxes)      

No comments:

Post a Comment