Sunday, November 9, 2014

Review on Sweetish House Mafia

Don't you worry, Don't you worry, child! See heaven's got a plan for you. Don't you worry, don't you worry now, Yeaaahhh! - Swedish House Mafia.

Don't you worry, Don't you worry, child! See we got some yummy cookies for you. Don't you worry, don't you worry now, Yeaahhhh!- Sweetish House Mafia.  

EDM lovers love Swedish House Mafia and Cookie Lovers love Sweetish House Mafia! And I am a lover of both. Oh yea baby! :D 

Zoran and I had a happy tummy eating yumm yumm Thai Food at O:h Cha. For dessert, we decided to go to the neighbour and a month-old newly opened store named Sweetish House Mafia. They have recently opened up this store but couldn't go earlier as I was super busy with the internship. But better late than never! And this was one of the best opportunity too.

Most of you'll must be aware, Sweetish House Mafia was the only brand/venture that never had a store earlier and they made, supplied and sold cookies through a Sweetish House Mafia Tata Nano at various parts of Bombay.  Yes, through a vehicle! And inside that Nano, they had yummy cookies treats for the hungry jantas!

Once in 2 weeks, these guys used to post a tweet, "5 PM at Cuffe Parade for some Nutella Sea Salt Cookies." That way that Nano used to come very frequently post 5 pm or at times even 9 PM with yummy cookies and jars at mostly Cuffe Parade, Altamount Road, Lower Parel, Carter Road and Andheri.

I remember working tirelessly under an advocate last year at Cuffe Parade and it was a bliss to see that van at 9 PM near WTC and I decided to have the cookies. I went and bought the cookie and my look changed from being drowsy to being super excited. I had never tasted such awesome cookies in my life ever. Selling the cookies from a Nano to a store has rather been quite sweet for SHM this year. Even I was quite glad to know they finally opened up a store in Lower Parel (close to home:P)
Next outlet at Bandra, maybe? :D

When I entered the store, the blue and white walls, sight of the cookies and the aroma of Nutella greeted and welcomed me and took over my mind and well, my mind just stopped thinking for the moment. The aroma of Nutella specially, got me to some other world, a world where I could just see, feel, smell and eat Nutella. There should be a planet named Nutella. Period. The shop is small and quaint but cute.

The store. (Picture courtesy: SHM Fb Page)


I wanted to meet the Nutella Sea Salt Cookies (Rs. 125/-) but they were over by the time we visited there. So I was a tad disappointed till the lady there told me that we can get it if we wait for 15-20 minutes as they were in the oven and Zoran and I were more than happy to wait. :D

Finally the cookies arrived and I just couldn't stop staring at them like a creepy guy can't stop staring at a pretty girl. Eyes widened looking at those cookies. The color, the texture, the NUTELLA! I almost looked like that love struck (heart in the eyes) wala Whatsapp smiley. :P

We were lucky to have these cookies served to us fresh from the oven. Freshness, softness, richness, yumness and melt in the mouth describes these cookies the best. The sea salt and nutella in the cookie blended as well as how two people with similar taste and liking bond quickly with each other.

Look! NUTELLA! :D 
This cookie is the rockstar of Sweetish House Mafia. If at all you are told to wait for the cookies, please do wait because every bite is worth the richness and melt of Nutella you will feel in your mouth. And you guys don't need any other reason to wait when Nutella is the reason itself. :D

I also wanted to try the Nutella Milkshake but they ran out of stock. So we settled for the Cold Coffee. (Rs. 100/-). The coffee tasted really well, main reason being they did not use the local milk. They used "Proud of the Cow" milk brand. No wonder the coffee tasted a bit different from what we normally have at our coffee shops.

SHM's Cold Coffee

I think I have praised enough now! Though I honestly still feel they should carry on the trend of using their Nano and delivering the cookies because this is how Sweetish House Mafia was recognised as. Otherwise Todi mills and Dadar Parsi Colony is just not that far. :P

Next on try is Double Chocolate Chip, Batman Cookies and Nutella Milkshake.

Rating: 5/5
Address: New Mahalaxmi Silk Mill Pvt Ltd. Premises, Mathurdas (Todi) Mills Compound, Near OML Studio, N.M.Joshi Marg, Lower Parel (West)  [very close to Cafe Zoe]
Price for 2: Rs. 300/- (you can't have just one cookie men!:P)

No comments:

Post a Comment