Monday, September 8, 2014

Hungry Paralegal at The Tea Pot Cafe.

Having lunch outside on daily basis becomes really expensive for a person specially if you are trainee. At times, even if I take my dabba, I still feel so hungry that I have to eat something from outside. But don't you love it when you learn to manage your pocket money and end up saving a good amount of money? Yes. That was so the case with me. So one fine day at work, my co-intern and I decided to go to Tea Pot Cafe for lunch. I had heard a lot about this place earlier but had no chance to visit. But now since I work just 2 lanes away from this place, I shall be having more frequent visits here.

So when I told my co-intern about this place, we immediatley Zomato'd it checking out the dishes and to my surprise, it wasn't as expensive as I thought of it to be. So we decided to bounce there. My co-intern called 2 of his other friends too and it was a small lawyers table out here. 

Situated and snuggled in the busy by-lane of Fort, The Tea Pot Cafe is a simple, quaint little Bawa place with comfortable sofas and living room ambience where the focus is on simple pleasures of life by chilling and relaxing and having some great savouries. You cannot spot this place even if you are passing by from this lane and can be quite a miss if you do not know Fort area and their twisting and tangling by lanes in and out. But when you find it, its as good as you finding a dry shelter in the heavy rains!

Upper view of Cafe

The Big Pot, Desserts and apru Asho Farohar!


Do say hi to Delna Palia, the owner of this cute Bawa joint and surprisingly also wanting to practice law. She will come to you personally and help you out with your menu and your particular cravings. The items on their menu has a Parsi touch to it. Apart from Parsi meals, this is one bawa joint where you will also find burgers, pasta, subs, sandwiches, soups, main dishes like stroganoff, baked dish, paparika chicken and mash potatoes, drinks and desserts, unlike the other traditional Parsi joints like Kayani who serve only typical Parsi dishes. 

Since I had a pasta craving, I called for the Tomato Arabietta. (Rs.175/-) A yummy penne pasta covered in red-orangy arabietta sauce and chicken. It was a decent satisfying meal for me as I enjoy pasta the way I enjoy eggs at any given part of the day. 

Tomato Arabietta 

My co-intern called for the Stroganoff (Rs. 180/-) which, to me, looked like white rice with cheesy white gravy filled with veggies. However, I felt the quantity was quite sufficient since we both are thin people but super heavy eaters.

Stroganoff

The Baked dish (Rs. 170-180) was really an amazing one, very cheesy and filling. I am sure if I would have called for this, I would be napping in office for 2 hours which I cannot afford to do so. It was so tasty! I highly recommend this dish as its quite satisfying for mind and soul and something which is completely enjoyable.

Sexy Baked Dish.


We ended our one hour lunch break with this satisfying Chocolate Mousse (Rs. 60/-) which is by far and easily one of the best chocolate mousse I've tasted in town. The mousse is served in sufficient quantity in a cute glass. Delna also recommended us to have our mousse with rum next time we come here. So I'd really want to try that out.

Chocolate Mousse

Though however, this was my first time here, I shall surely be making quite a few visits here again. Their eggs all day menu is by far one of the most amazing ones as they serve akuri, omlette, papeta par idu all day long. Its a mixture of egg dishes both Parsi and English style and also for their bacon and egg cheese burger, waffles and soups.

The term "hidden gems" was perhaps coined to describe places like this joint as food like burgers and waffles are under Rs. 100/-. There are no frills here. It is very much a homely, friendly ambience feel with great food being easy on your pockets.  Just come here with friends, or settle with a book or come and do timepass and play UNO here, its all so chilled out because the cafe gives you that sort of vibe. 

Also Delna is so sweet and very welcoming. The first time I spotted the place and passed from there while I was on my way to Hotel Deluxe, she almost waved me out calling me to come inside the cafe and my co-intern was telling me that "my friend" is calling me and I told him, "I don't know her!" :P but now I do. 

Also did I forget to mention you guys, they have free Wi-Fi too that will not require you to bang your heads out with the connection.  

Price range of dishes: Rs.70/- to Rs. 200/-
Lunch for 4: Rs. 850/- 
Address: 15A, Homi Modi Street, Bunsilal Mansion Building, Opposite Andhara Bank, Fort, Mumbai 400 001. 
(one building after Central bank and Tata Main Office- Bombay House)
Telephone No: 2265 4030 / 2265 1338 (Home Delivery in Fort only) 
Open on: Monday to Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.) 

Enjoy! 


1 comment:

  1. Nicely reviewed. Your recommendation will be visited very soon! Keep writing more. :)

    ReplyDelete