Monday, July 7, 2014

Sunday Brunch at D'Bell, Lower Parel

Last few weekends have been so much fun for me. And the last to last weekend was equally as much fun as it could be for me. Saturday night witnessed an epic stayover at my cousin's place where we converted an empty house in a club and danced the whole night out whereas Sunday was a fun filled morning eating breakfast at McDonalds with them and then a brunch with Zenia aka Branded Bawi at D'Bell. Ah! I don't think the weekend could have been any better for me!

Sundays are the most laziest days for me. I practically spend Sundays covering up on my lost sleep usually. But this Sunday was even more fun considering I was with my sister like friend Zenia, chilling and spending a good Sunday with her over food, fun and talks since we both share so much in common.

Situated inside the One IndiaBulls Centre, reaching to D'Bell was actually a task. Walking from the gate to the never ending parking lot in high heels and then waiting forever for an escalator.Phew! Was quite a task for me considering being in heels that too. But well finally was at Destination D'Bell.

The interiors are pretty cute. Walls had amazing movie and artists posters, book shelves and blackboard but the best part I liked was the guy there singing all my old yet favourite songs.

Blackboard
 After selecting and settling down on a table, Zee and myself took a small round of the place and check out the brunch menu and the live egg and pasta counter. We started off with the salads which ranged from vegeterian to chicken to seafood. I decided to eat the seafood salad which consisted of lot of shrimps and calamari with the greens. The boiled egg salad was also very pretty. I personally loved the shape of the yellow they did.

Love the shape of the yoke

Salad counter
Starters consisted of fish cake, rather fish fingers in the tartar sauce, Chicken Wings for the non vegeterians. Nothing different about the taste as such but anyway they were very decent and delicious.

Fish Fingers

Chicken Wings 
The veg starters consisted of Mushrooms on the Toast and Jack Potatoes. The Jack Potatoes were personally my favourite among the starter. While eating was just wondering how this dish would taste with the chicken. As far as for Mushrooms on Toast, they were pretty average. I am not a fan of mushrooms anyway. But Jack Potatoes were the star of the brunch.
Mushrooms on Toast

Jack Potatoes
We then headed to try out some dishes from the brunch menu but just tried the Kung Pao Potatoes and the Basa. I remember the times I go to 5spice and order Kung Pao Chicken or Kung Pao Potatoes but this one was just like deep fried chilli potatoes, totally different than what I expected to be. Not complaining that they weren't yummy though.
The Basa in fact, was really delicious. Soft fish meat with good amount of spices. Something that I really enjoyed eating much in abundance. And Basa is my favourite.

Basa

Kung Pao Potatoes
From the live egg counter, we called for Egg White Masala Omlette. The spiciness of the omlette reminded me so much of the omlette at Globe Hotel in Udwada (with the yellow of course there). Excessive chillis but again not complaining, I love spicy food.
From the pasta counter, we called for Penne Pasta prepared in Red sauce with Mushrooms. Pasta are totally my comfort meal specially when its Penne and Red sauce. Again, a decent meal.

Live Pasta Counter

Live Egg Counter


Egg White Masala Omlette

Penne Pasta <3>
I was looking forward to desserts but now I think I should have probably tried on some more vegeterian items from the brunch menu or eat more pasta from the pasta live counter or eat more basa.
The desserts weren't at all upto the mark. The Kiwi mousse was extremely bitter, Tiramisu lacked the taste of coffee in it and the chocolate mousse had over dose of chocolate syrup inside it. That could be worked on.
Kiwi Mousse
                                               
Tiramisu
Chocolate Mousse
 But however, the food wasn't that bad at all, desserts can be skipped most likely. It was a non-alcoholic brunch so the choice to come here may vary. Eat more from the eggs, pasta and salad counter and you would be full. Enjoy some good live music!

I personally enjoyed this brunch quite a lot, specially with the company of a person like Zenia. I enjoyed this little brunch date with my sister like blogger friend and ended the fun brunch by walking more inside the building from door to door passing through various other restaurants and tiny joints which were shut in order to exit.

Yaar end mei selfie toh banta hai boss! 
                                             
Address: D'Bell, Tower 2A, Lobby Level, One IndiaBulls Finance Centre, Jupiter Mills Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel West, Mumbai 400 013 (First Indiabulls Building coming from Pheonix Mills)
Cost for brunch: Rs, 699/- + taxes per head (non-alcoholic) 

No comments:

Post a Comment