Saturday, July 5, 2014

Sushi Time At Busago, Lower Parel

Ola! Its indeed been ages since I posted a new review. After the forever going on exams and keeping a low profile for a certain period of time, I am back again with a new blog post and reviving my blog again. 

Finally, I got an opportunity to meet all my super awesome blogger friends and made some more new friends in this lovely event of learning to make sushis at Busago, Lower Parel.  We were introduced to Chef Nikhil Chib who loves to describe Busago as a "glorified Asian dhabba". Indeed he is correct. I was totally awestruck looking at the menu with variety of juice options, khawsueys, desserts, etc.

Meet Chef Nikhil Chib
  He gave us a demonstration on the preparation of sushis and what important hygenic instructions are necessary to be followed from having wet hands to start, how to use the paper and the mat to roll. After that, Chef Ashok of Busago showed us the demonstration of his style of Sushi making.


Sushis prepared by Chef Ashok and Chef Nikhil
                                                  

We were then allotted in teams and were told to prepare our own sushis and later eat them too. So each team prepared 3 sushis based on the ingredients and accompaniments provided to us as how we want our ideal sushi to be.

In my team were AB and Amanda. I prepared these amazing salmon and mushroom sushi and named it as "Salmushi". My other team members prepared sushis using beef and mushrooms and sausages and tofuku respectively. All of them were extremely delicious. Even the sushis prepared by other teams were amazeballs and very tasty. It was quite a tough competition.


Salmushi prepared by me.

Beef Sushi
While making sushis, we were also served hot and delicious chicken and vegeterian momos and some sangria for our hungry tummy's to be stuffed a bit. The chicken momos were a delight, didn't really enjoy vegeterian one so much. 

Chicken Momos

After the competition, we were served the very delicious kaukswe or khawsuey which I've heard is one of the most famous dishes in Busago. The BusaGo Kaukswe is a coconut curry had with noodles and topped with ingredients of choice. I loved my khawsuey but  found the curry to be too coconutty and because of adding excess lemon in mine, it got a bit bitter but still a decent satisfied evening snack for me. Also it is a pocket friendly khawsuey for me. 

Busago Khauswey 
 I have personally loved the venue, very vibrant and colorful, and the food very much and I'm very kicked to go back for some yummy lunch and more sushis. Also worth trying would be the banoffe in a cup and their chocolate tart.

I've had great fun catching up with my friends over sushis and khawsuey. Great to be back on track again. :)

Address : Mathurdas Mill (Todi mills) opposite Blue Frog, Lower Parel
BKC behind Ping Pong and 
Bandra west, opposite Gold's Gym too.
Price: around Rs. 600/- for 2 persons.

No comments:

Post a Comment