Sunday, March 30, 2014

McRoyale at McDonalds, Dadar West

On Friday March 28, I was called for a very interesting event at the newly opened up McDonalds at Star Mall, Dadar West. The products which were to be introduced were a surprise for us. I don't think I need to give any introduction about McDonalds. Its been there since a very long time and has been a favourite hangout spot for everyone, the kids, youngsters and the elders and we've all been relishing on the yummy burgers, their breakfast and their other products since a very long time. My personal favourites in McDonalds are Fish-oFillet, McChicken Spicy Wrap, their saviour French Fries and THEIR BREAKFAST-specially pancakes and hash browns.

Team Digiqom greeted all of us with a very open heart and served us coffee and fries before we started off. We were introduced to Chef Swaroop who introduced us to these new range of burgers called McRoyale, i.e McRoyale Paneer and McRoyale Chicken and showed us 2 wonderful videos about how these burgers are made and we actually got to know the art and science and food engineering behind it. I realised that it actually takes a lot of efforts for the chefs for their innovations and inventions to be put up on a menu of any well branded place. Chef then also gave a demonstration showing how he dresses the burgers which was very knowledgeable for all of us.



Post that, a nice competition was organized for us bloggers where we were suppose to style our own burgers using the same ingredients as the McRoyale burgers have and the competition was solely judged on the basis of the dressing and presentation of the burger. So within a span of 3 minutes, we were all supposed to present our burgers using the available ingredients.
My ingredients
We were then given the McRoyale's Paneer and Mc Royale Chicken to taste and give our feedback which was well received by Chef Swaroop and Team McDonalds. For me, both of them were amazing but I wished that they used the onion and cheese cream in the chicken royale as well instead of the mayo because the onion and cheese cream was an ingredient in the paneer one, extremely delicious and mayo was used in the chicken one and personally I do not like mayo. Because of the personal disliking of mayo, I would say that I liked the paneer one more in comparison to chicken one. But for some people who love mayo and chicken, it would be a perfect combination for them.
McPaneer Royale

McChicken Royale
After the tasting and having more of fries and coffees and ice teas, the winners of the best presented burgers were announced and I was the runner up in that. Yaay. :D Sadly, I forgot to click the picture of it because by the time, I reached home, I already got hungry and ate my own burger. :P Roxanne (thetinytaster) and Perzen (bawibride) took the first prize and the other bloggers won the other subtitles as we all made burgers our style and it was hard to judge which was the best one. We ended our event by ordering and taking some takeaways for home and interacting with everyone.

Team Digiqom and McDonalds have been kind enough to give me some wonderful gifts along with free takeaway burgers. Big Big Thanks to you'll. I am very happy. And I'm glad that I made up for this event and extremely glad to be one of the first ones to make and try these delicious burgers with the brand team. Looking forward to much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment