Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Cakelings at Mad Over Donuts (MoD), Bandra.

 In India, Donuts= Mad Over Donuts. I don't really know anyone who doesn't go to MoD if they have a donut craving. Its been there since a very long time and it is not new to all of us. Its a great cheap fix when I was working at Colaba and every Thursday got 3 donuts to get 3 more free and then how me and my Daddy gobbled up everything. My father is a big fan of chocolate and he loves the chocolate donuts at MoD. My personal favourites are Double Trouble, Dark Knight, Chocolate Descande and Divine Crush Donut. I got a very surprising e-mail from Ms. Diana Fernandes to come and judge and give a feedback on the newly introduced cakelings at MoD. As a blogger, it was my first invite to go and judge something so I was very excited.

In my last few visits at MoD, I wondered what made MoD launch cupcakes as they are an amazing donut brand and people well are literally mad over their donuts and also there are so many cupcake brands where people would love to go and buy cupcakes there. I guess its the whole season and fever of cupcakes not sparing any stores. Since years, I have been going to MoD and have always chosen some delicious donut for a quick chocolate rush. I was called for their cakeling judging session where we were given all or some cupcakes or cakelings to try out and give an instant feedback based on the questions posed to us and rate them.

MoD offers varieties of cakelings, each priced at Rs. 65/- with a "buy 5 get 1" scheme. These varieties include chocolicious, oreo, lemon swirl, blueberry, strawberry and chocolate, nutella, coffee cream and salted caramel banana.

Knowing the fact that I am not much of a sweet tooth, I chose Coffee Cream, Lemon Swirl and Salted Caramel and gave my honest reviews on it. I loved Salted Caramel for the perfect salted taste, the best seconded by Lemon Swirl for the nice sweet tingy flavour and lastly, the coffee cream. I wouldn't say the coffee cream cakeling was bad, in fact for hardcore coffee lovers, its great! But the taste of the coffee in the cakeling was too high, very strong that it overpowered the taste of the other 2 which I had.
They've made a mention showing me the packaging which I found was cute. I believe most of the brands come with really cute packaging that we all adore but sadly, it just always goes in the waste. :(

Lemon Swirl

Salted Caramel Banana

Coffee Cream


I left home with 2 cute boxes of varieties of mad chocolate rush and smile on my face and a beautiful mug was also given to me. Thanks Diana for inviting. Was a lot of fun to meet you. :)

Picture Courtesy: Zenia Irani (Branded Bawi) 

No comments:

Post a Comment