Monday, September 8, 2014

Getting Treated at Terttulia.

July, August, September and December are technically birthday months for me. So many Cancerians, Leos, Virgos and Sagittarius around me. Everytime I see its 12 AM, I check whose birthday is it today. And surprisingly, its someone's birthday or the other.

So it was one of my newly made friend's birthday on September 5 and the very next day, being a Saturday. I got a message for him wanting to catch up and treat. Now the venue was totally undecided and it was between Home Chef Cafe (read here about it) and Terttulia. So after debating and confusing each other, we settled for Terttulia. 

Terttulia was launched in Mumbai 3 days after my birthday and this was the best opportunity for me to go and check out the place too. Terttulia is apparently one of Pune's most iconic restaurant known for a chilled, relaxed atmosphere and karari rotis and pizzas and one of those talked about restaurants when it launched in Mumbai as it had the hype and reputation to live upto which was created by outpost in Pune.

 Thank God for them not choosing Andheri, Bandra or SoBo as most of the new restaurants are cropping up there. Located on central part of the city at Shivaji Park, having a place like Terttulia was much needed as the area is covered mostly with CCD's, Baristas, Naturals, Gelatos,etc. and has fewer fine dine restaurants like Tumnak Thai. Also closer to the sea view. 

Unfortunately I couldn't check out the inner view of the restaurant as we were sitting on the other side of the restaurant which was probably a more relaxed, brunchy setting with high wooden furnitures, brick walls and a bar in the centre. It is perfect for an ideal date spot, but being a Saturday, the restaurant was almost full and noisy.

The menu covers varieties of salads, appetizers and tapas, their famous pizzas, pasta, mains and desserts. Since I already had to go elsewhere in the evening, I didn't really settle for the drinks and tapas and jumped directly to main course and desserts. 

I called for the Roast Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy. It was decently cooked, I'd say because I had a hard time cutting the chicken from some parts, specially towards the bones. The gravy was perfect and the mash potato was quite bland and required more seasoning. 

Roast Chicken with Mash Potatoes
I tried the Creme Brule Cheesecake on recommendation of Roxanne (The Tiny Taster) and Zenia (Branded Bawi) and I would like to thank you guys for it. I am a big cheesecake fan and this one was chummeshwari. Perfectly burnt and super thin crust on the top of cheesecake along with little caramel on the side with a soft biscuit base. It was delicious. The burnt crust gave a very burnt sweet flavour to the cheesecake.    

Creme Brulee Cheesecake
My friend on the other hand is a sweet tooth and had a Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake for desserts accompanied with Vanilla Ice cream. It was quite good. Desserts are spot on here! 

Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake
The desseerts made up for the wonderful meal I had here. I shall definitely visit soon here again for the karari rotis, pizzas and chocolate mud pie cake. 

Meal for 2: Rs. 2000/- exclusive of taxes
Address: Ground Floor, Hotel Parkway, Near Natural Ice Cream, Ranade Road Extension, Shivaji Park, Dadar (West).
Phone: 022 6002 0202

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Seems like a great place. Must go there once I'm back. Do check out my blogs: www.yummyinsidemytummy.wordpress.com and www.ree2904.blogspot.in
    New to the whole blogging scene so would love if you could give your feedback =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Seems like a really nice place! Do have a look at my blogs: www.yummyinsidemytummy.wordpress.com and www.ree2904.blogspot.in
    Would love to hear your feedback!

    ReplyDelete