Sunday, January 26, 2014

Review: All the Things Between the Breads at Between Breads, Bandra

BETWEEN BREADS- Interesting name, isn't it? That was my view when their Twitter handle followed mine in September. I browsed through their twitter handle and was completely awestruck looking at all those delicious things between the breads. I then Zomato'd the place for a much wider idea till I found out it was even Value for Money! But unfortunately, I was sitting all day long reading and working on cases in my last internship. I promised myself that once I take my study break, I will make a couple of visits.

I heard so much about this place that now I could not even imagine having a burger or sandwich anywhere without this place passing through my mind. The best part- I still hadn't tasted a single thing from there! But when I made my first visit, I realised that there is a lot magical taste to their sandwiches and burgers than I could ever imagine. I love you Bandra! You truly are a Queen. Whenever I'm at Bandra, I am always around Linking Road shopping with my best friend or with other close friends and whenever anyone asks me where to lunch or brunch or dunch (evening brunch is referred by me as dunch), there are numerous places around-Mc.D, KFC, Bonobo, Khane Khas, Eddie's, Mini Punjab, Pals, Bru World Cafe, etc but I just think of and suggest one place!- BETWEEN BREADS! EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Situated on the 16th Road, diagonally opposite Hawain Shack, in the Mini Punjab lane, let me tell you guys that this would be no restaurant but just a small eatery. 4 tables with 4 round chairs. On every table, there are packs of tissues, hand sanitizers and ARCHIE'S COMICS. :D As a small girl, I always enjoyed reading Archies comics and I do the same at BB while the dish is on the way. They also play old English hits. Once when I went there, they played Vengaboys and I started dancing while I was waiting to give my order. *inserts the What's App embarassed smiley*

No menu cards. In fact, they've set up big boards of their items on a wall. One would even be able to see the board as soon as they enter. Not very easily readable because most people like to look at the contents of a particular dish. But since its self-service, it becomes easy for them to come near the board, order, pay and then enjoy their dish.
The yellow board is the menu board
When one looks at the menu, they surely realize that BB can literally do put variety of ingredients and do some tasty magic, between the breads. I had made a couple of visits before they launched their new menu in December but haven't got the opportunity to try more dishes from the new menu. The interesting thing about their dishes is that they always serve French fries with burgers and wafers with sandwiches,in the sides. So one can even enjoy the fries without actually ordering separately for fries.

I shall now brief up about most of the burgers and sandwiches I've had here and they still are up on the menu board. 

1. The 10 Ounce Bacon and Beef Cheese Burger (Rs. 339) 
Fondly as everyone calls it the 10 oz, was the signature dish of 2013 at Between Breads. I had read a lot about this burger on twitter and really wanted to know whether the hype was worth. This burger is mainly is a huge ground beef patty with onions rings, tomatoes, BBQ sauce, bacon, gouda cheese and pickles. To my surprise, the burger was fairly good and decent. But I didn't find it that awesome as everyone hyped about it. Just a filling decent burger which I really didn't find it out of the world. The best part: It is so huge that I failed to complete it all by myself.
The 10 oz Burger
2. The Double Beef Cheese Burger (Rs. 319)
I call it as the king burger. Sometimes, people with really large appetites can never be stuffed with a huge burger like the 10 oz. I still remember shopping alone that day at Bandra and was super hungry. I finished it off within 15 minutes. Fresh beef patty, grilled onions, tomatoes, lettuce and Cheddar cheese are the unique ingredients of this double burger. What I liked the best about this was the juicy patty and the cheese totally drooling down and falling off the patty. 

The Double Beef Cheese Burger

3. The Breakfast Burger (Rs. 269)
Most people cannot do without eggs in their burgers. My view varies depending on what I see as ingredients. Also I had this breakfast burger for lunch. :P Yes, its available all day long. The ingredients for this burger is fresh grilled chicken or beef patty, beans, onions, lettuce, cheddar cheese, crisp bacon and fried eggs. I like my breakfast burger with chicken patty and without the beans. When one eats this burger, they tend to feel more juicyness in the burger because of the patty and the presence of fried egg.
Breakfast Burger 
4. The Morning After Sandwich (Rs. 269) 
In a toasted garlic sub roll filled with ham, bacon, French Fries, fried egg and grilled tomatoes, BOY! This is the best sandwich I ever tasted. If I were to give the best sandwich award, this one would take the award. Perfectly scrumptious and my ideal sandwich. This is a MUST MUST MUST Try!
Morning After Sandwich
5. The Philly Cheese Chicken and The Philly Cheese Steak (Rs. 269 and Rs. 289)
The ingredients of both these sandwiches are almost identical except for the chicken and the steak part. In a multigrain sub roll is the filling of chipped beef steak or grilled chicken strips, roasted bell peppers, onion rings or grilled onions, with mustard BBQ sauce and melted cheese. I'm not fond of sauces a lot, especially mustard sauce. But it actually complimented with the melting cheese. I just think that I would have very little bit of the sauce so that I can enjoy my steak/chicken inside the sandwich much better and feel the taste. Both of them are exceptionally fabulous dishes according to me. Only depends on the choice of a person who likes chicken or steak more.
Philly Cheese Chicken

Philly Cheese Steak
6. The Big Meat Feast Sandwich (Rs. 349)
This sandwich is from their new menu. I still remember the time when BB posed their fans regarding new suggestions for their menu and I was glad when I read my own recommended sandwich in their new menu. *That Proud Moment* 
While my idea was to have a proper "Pork Feast", BB decided to do little alteration in this suggestion and named it "The Big Meat Feast". This lovely sandwich is a trilayered sandwich stuffed with loads of chicken, beef, ham, bacon, grilled onions, tomatoes, cheese and mustard. Again I like sandwiches and burgers with very little sauce, but otherwise the filling, taste was perfect.Marvellous sandwich!
I was honestly done with half of the sandwich and somehow managed to complete the other half. I parcelled the second sandwich home and then my dad ate it. He told me, "What would happen with one?" and I said, "Just eat one first." After he was done, he told me that he was full. So full that he skipped his dinner that night. So it is truly a FEAST! and a very challenging one too. 

The Big Meat Feast Sandwich
7. Bacon Fries (Rs. 129)
While I love this concept of Bacon Fries, I also think its slightly over-rated for the price and the dish overall. Firstly, the crisp bacon pieces in it is extremely little. Secondly, I always get fries served along with my burger and have the bacon also inside my burger. I found it extremely oily as well. I think its much more enjoyable to enjoy the bacon and fries separately. Most people love this but choices differ from people to people.
The Bacon Strips is also one particular speciality of BB. But again, I feel its over-rated. The Lime and Herb Fries from the new menu looks interesting and should be tried. 

Bacon Fries
My friends honestly think I am advertising this place. But trust me! The guys behind this place are a bunch of geniuses! You need to bless these people because they provide you with such awesome sandwiches and burgers which is amazing not only in quantity but also in quality and is VALUE FOR MONEY! I These days, it is every expensive to go out somewhere. A meal for 2 in a decent restaurant is atleast Rs. 1,000- 2,000 minimum for 2 persons. Some hundreds of rupees spent here will not make you regret with the quality and quantity of the dish at all. None of the dishes here are above Rs. 400-500.
This is the main reason why I love to hangout at Bandra so often. Small places, low prices and with the best food. For hardcore meat lovers, this is paradise for you'll after IMBISS. For me, its Bacon Adda. I really appreciate the efforts of Mr. Ruben Borah and his team for setting up BB. Keep it up.

 Making a couple of visits more. Must try their Meatball Marinara, one veg sandwich or burgers and the Dessert Sandwich. And would just end saying "Between Breads, you got a fan in me." 

No comments:

Post a Comment